The Welcome Email: Get a “Smart Start” to Building Your Brand with a Welcome Email AuditPosted by Scott Cohen
A welcome email is the first step to building a customer’s relationship with your brand. Introducing your brand with a flawless first impression can help boost your brand image while fully leveraging the inherent “attention bonus.”
Are you maximizing your attention bonus? Or are you clueless as to where you stand the chance of going wrong? Perhaps it’s time for a welcome email audit for your welcome emails.
A GREAT EMAIL TEMPLATE AUDIT MUST COVER
A Complete Assessment Of Your Main Templates, including:
- Responsive code for optimized rendering on mobile and tablet devices, as well as the desktop experience.
- Accurate image display and alt text for image suppression (“Images Off”)
- Ease of access to the desired calls to action (CTAs) (buttons, text links, etc.)
- Appropriate and relevant presentation of content
- Click and conversion optimization recommendations
- Accurate coding for special characters, trademarks, etc.
- A full-scale link check for correct navigation, including CTAs, logo(s), unsubscribes, “View Online”, sharing and forwarding, etc.
- Links to various landing pages by way of multiple calls to action within the template to increase click-through rate.
In addition, a great audit should cover any automation steps in the welcome process. If your welcome program is a series of emails, a solid audit will examine the timing between emails as well any targeting and segmentation rules.
While an audit may be necessary, we don’t want you going home empty-handed. Here are some quick tips for great welcome emails:
- Keep welcome email simple.
- It should direct and forward towards the next step.
- Should contain helpful information.
- It must have strong CTAs.
- An interactive and responsive design template.
Need an email audit? InboxArmy offers two email audit packages that could help you unleash your email marketing program’s potential.