One of the prime purposes of any good digital marketing campaign is to get subscribers and customers to join your email marketing list. The key here is to BUILD an email marketing list organically—we never recommend buying an email list. Your list should only have contacts who have granted you permission to email them and therefore expect to hear from you.
So, what can you do to build your email marketing list organically?
- Produce content that your target audience wants to read and engage with.
- Make sure your email signup box is easy to find and consistently designed.
- Ask for the email address from your customers every chance you get, whether it’s customer service calls, tradeshows, conferences, or contests and campaigns run on social networking sites.
- Leverage partner websites and have a co-marketing offer with them. You can find new target audiences by doing so.
- Incentivize your best subscribers and customers to help you spread the word about your company to their near and dear ones. Word of mouth is the best marketing channel to build up your email list.
- Optimize your landing pages to drive conversions.
Your email list is priority #1 when it comes to driving higher revenue from your email marketing strategy.
Learn more about how you can build your mailing list, optimize your landing pages, and dive into your list sources in the first eBook in our “Foundations of Email Marketing” series: