Every email client renders your email template design and code differently. This presents a major challenge for email marketers who obviously desire to deliver flawlessly designed and rendered email marketing campaigns.
Subscribers simply don’t have patience for poor design and rendering. Let’s take a quick look at how to overcome common rendering challenges so that you can deliver perfect email marketing campaigns to your subscribers.
Here are our top 9 quick tips:
- Don’t place calls to action in background images.
- Avoid using “float” and “clear” coding – use hard line breaks instead.
- Standard bullets are better than custom bullets.
- Use alt tags on all images and rely on HTML text for CTAs.
- Use HTML tables rather than div tags for message layouts.
- Use Inline CSS instead of CSS stylesheets.
- Use web-safe fonts like Arial, Tahoma, and Courier.
- Specify widths and heights in pixels, not percentages.
Want a deeper dive into this topic? Download our “Foundations of Effective Email Creative” eBook (part of our Foundations of Email Marketing series) and get those details as well as testing ideas and a review of how subscribers encounter your email.